Friday, August 1, 2014

Meetup today with the edTech Summit SA

Well today we get to work. We meet at 1 pm as a team. So far everyone is wonderful to talk with. I spoke at breakfast with Law who works in a High Tech charter school in San Diego. He is starting a Maker strand this year. I want to visit and see their project based curriculum in action in their elementary schools.

Went to a mall today to get some last minute things like more AAA batteries for the brushbots, and more binder clips.  I have a ridiculously heavy bag filled with maker goodies. Here is my lovely room at The Wedgwood B & B and some of the maker materials I am sifting through.  I hope they have enough time to work and that I don't talk too much but just enough. I am making kits for Brushbots and for paper circuits and really want people to try and make their own creations with the materials that I hope are familiar––safety pins, clips, paper, tape, wool, googley eyes etc.

Last night we drove to a really vibrant 'hood in Joburg where they were having Christmas in July and I saw Santa.

Yesterday I rented a cell phone and a mobile hotspot so I am feeling much more connected.  my local number is 0726153897.

My first workshop is tomorrow at Dainfern College at 2:15 which will give me lots of time to fuss around with unpacking and setting up  and I can't wait. 


No comments:

Post a Comment